Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Humility

Last week I got some kind of stomach bug and had a miserable Thursday night. It was the first time that I had passed out because of being ill, and I got some fantastic bruises from it. Friday I decided to call a friend to see if she could help me with the kids so that I could get some rest as I had not slept all night. She obliged and came to my rescue. So... then last night I hurt my back - worse than I ever have before, and so I was back of the phone again asking for help. She has been fantastic today, as well. She came and helped with the kids this morning, took me to the doctor, watched the kids while I was there and then came to pick me up. She brought me home, watched the kids until Jeff came home from work, and now as Jeff has to go teach a class tonight in Rapid City, she has the kids again for me until bedtime. At which point she will come and help me get them to bed. I had to ask for help so often in Texas I was hoping that I could not be that person constantly in need of something. But, here I am again, being so grateful to a brand new friend whom I hardly know. I am forever in the debt of those around me who help me at a moments notice. So to all those who have ever been there for me in a pinch - Thank you again and again! I will do my best to pay it forward, and be there for anyone who might need ... anything... I think the cyclobenzaprine is starting to kick in... I'm getting sleepy. Thank you Melissa for letting me get some rest.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Kim! I'm so sorry about your lousy sickness!
    And if anything, I am in your debt for all the support and love you gave me. Not to mention all the practical and professional advice. Miss you. I still walk up to Longhorn park on Sunday nights sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good friend is priceless. Thank you Melissa for helping our dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One thing I can say about you Kim is that your kindness is endless! Your friend is lucky to have you around!

    ReplyDelete