Thursday, July 16, 2009

Best Run and a Library Adventure

Today was the best run since I've started back up. I actually ran from my apartment down to the RunTex waters - I think it's about a mile, maybe a little longer. I had to walk up the big hill on the way back, but then I ran all the way back. It felt so great to actually be able to run. I know it sounds silly since it hasn't been very long that I've been trying to run again, but I've been so discouraged at how hard it has been to get back into running. So it felt good to have a successful run today!!
Our big adventure for the family today was storytime at the Library. It was the first time I've tried to take the kids to the Library since Daven was one year old. Once he started walking Storytime wasn't nearly as much fun for Mommy, but today he was just fine. He threw a little fit when we had to leave, but other than that he was just fine. Actually, it gave me a good excuse as to why we were late to our car. The meter had run out and as I was walking around the corner of the Library carrying Stella Ruth in her car seat, with a large bag of library books on one shoulder and my diaper bag on the other, dragging along a screaming Daven and trying to get Paul to actually walk in front of me instead of stop and look at every ant on the sidewalk - I called out to the policeman giving me a ticket and begged him to not give me a ticket. "Please, please! I'm coming! My two year old pitched a fit as I was coming out. Please don't give me a ticket!" It worked, and the very nice police man let me off!
So all in all, it was a very happy day! By the way, one of the books that I got at the Library was Fifteen Animals by Sandra Boynton. She is my favorite board book author. She has written a song that goes along with Fifteen Animals, which is very cute, but on her site, there is also some samples from her album Blue Moo. The songs are all written in the fifty's style and are really great. I suggest going and checking it out! www.workman.com/boynton

1 comment:

  1. wow! good for you on running again so soon. it will get easier - i promise. especially when the weather cools off.

    ReplyDelete