Sunday, September 16, 2012

Homeschooling and Garage Sales






So, we are homeschooling. (Please refer back to the title of my blog - crazy) But this week went better than last, and I have hope that it will just keep getting better. I was originally only going to homeschool Paul, but Kindergarten is only half day here and I felt like it would really complicate my life even more having to shuttle Daven to and from school everyday. So, we are homeschooling both boys. On Monday we went to the park and learned about standardized measuring units (inches, centimeters) and we measured stuff. All sorts of stuff - each other, benches, platforms, seats, monkey bars. We made estimates as to how big things were, and Paul learned how to measure to the nearest eighth of an inch. Probably my most successfully fun lesson of the week.

We've also been furniture shopping at our local neighbor's houses. So... we don't get things quite as cheaply as we did dumpster diving at UT, but Garage Sales have proven to be pretty fruitful. :)  Last weeks' great find was a bench press and weights, but this week we scored this beautiful coffee table! I was pretty psyched! 





I guess there isn't a whole lot of excitement happening up here in Spearfish... So I guess I'll just post some really cute pics of my kiddos. :) Until next time - smile everyday! 




4 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you guys are settling in and doing well! It sounds like Spearfish has just been waiting for you guys to show up and show them how to make your own adventures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are posting on your blog! Glad homeschooling and life is going so well there in Spearfish. And yes, that coffee table is a fabulous find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so good to be able to see a little bit of what you've been up to. You are brave to homeschool, but I'm sure you do a great job and it looks like your boys are loving it! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just sitting back here thinking how lucky I am that you posted again! YAY! It makes me feel like you are closer and not quite so far away. By the way... Your baby is a blonde. It's the first time I have seen her picture. Thank you for posting cute pictures of the kiddos.

    ReplyDelete